- Biophotonics (functional near-infrared spectroscopy [fNIRS], NIRS-based cerebral oximetry, in vivo spectroscopic assessment of hemodynamics and metabolism in tissue, analysis of ultra-weak photon emission of biosystems, photobiology)
- Neuroscience and integrative physiology (brain research using fNIRS, multimodal fNIRS measurements and analysis [i.e. relationship between cerebral and systemic signals]; physiological modelling)
- Biomedical signal processing (peak detection, time-frequency analysis, non-linear signal analysis, signal decomposition, artifact detection and removal, image processing, data mining)
- Biophysics: bioelectromagnetics (endogenous electromagnetic fields and their biological significance, effects of artificial electromagnetic fields on biosystems), cell biophysics and chronoastrobiology
- Physics (condensed matter nuclear science, nuclear physics, astrophysics)
[A more detailed description will follow]
I collaborate with other scientists in the international research community.